[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Stafford Hockey Club • View topic - "I felt that I had good weapons t
1 post Page 1 of 1
Postby DMT11 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:32 am
HOUSTON , Sept. 25 (Xinhua) -- Yao Ming, retired Chinese basketball player and former Houston Rockets star, will make a donation in Houston on Tuesday to support Hurricane Harvey relief, the southern U.S. city's mayor said Monday.

Yao will donate to Mayor Sylvester Turner's Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund, which provides relief to survivors and long-term recovery assistance to local residents.

In an interview with local media FOX 26 Sports, Turner said Yao wanted to be at one of the schools impacted by Harvey.

"He wanted to show his support, and it's not just about the monetary contribution ," said Turner, adding that "he's intending to make a sizeable contribution, with the focus being on schools, education and children."

"I was already looking up at him, and now he's even gotten taller in my eyes and I think in the eyes of all Houstonians," Turner said.

Yao Ming, member of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and former National Basketball Association (NBA) all-star player , was unanimously elected the president of the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) in February.

As one of China's most renowned sports icons, Yao landed in NBA in 2002 as the first-pick of the draft, playing for the Houston Rockets for nine years and entering all-star games eight times. He also led the Chinese national team to the final eight at the Athens 2004 and Beijing 2008 Olympic Games.

PARIS, Oct. 28 (Xinhua) -- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has awarded the UNESCO Medal on Space Science to first Chinese national sent to space, Yang Liwei, and three other prominent international space practitioners during the first edition of the award ceremony.

The ceremony was held on Friday evening at UNESCO's Headquarters in Paris.

The three other scientific laureates of the 2017 edition are Valentina Tereshkova , the Russian cosmonaut and first woman in space, Arnaldo Tamayo Mendez, the first Cuban in space, and Japanese astronaut Koichi Wakata, the first Japanese commander of International Space Station (ISS).

"I thank you all for your courage and commitment," said Director-General of UNESCO, Irina Bokova , to the laureates. "And I end with an appeal, for you to continue on your scientific journey, and also to return to UNESCO as often as possible, to reach out to younger generations, to share UNESCO's message to build peace in the minds of men and women."

Unable to attend the ceremony himself, Yang Liwei was represented by Shen Yang, Ambassador and Permanent Delegate of the People's Republic of China to UNESCO at the ceremony.

In a message delivered by Shen on his behalf , Yang Liwei recalled October 2003 when the world witnessed the success of China's first manned space mission that opened a new era of China's manned space program and made contributions to the human exploration into the unknown.

The Chinese astronaut noted that out of China's collaboration with the United Nations, a UN flag boarded the Shenzhou 5 aircraft during the 2003 space mission, a sign that has shown Chinese people's willingness to use the outer space for peaceful purposes and in the benefit of all mankind and demonstrated China's support to the UN's mission and principles.

"In the future, we are willing to work together with all countries and regions that are committed to the peaceful use of outer space, with an aim to contribute more to the promotion of scientific progress and peace and development of the world," he said.

The UNESCO Medal on Space Science, established on June 29 , 2017 is awarded by the UNESCO director-general to honor prominent scientists, public figures and organizations for their contributions to the development of space science in the spirit of UNESCO's priorities.

The awardees were nominated and subsequently selected by an external committee entitled by the International Commission for the Creation of the UNESCOEncyclopedia of Life Support (EOLSS) "Space Science".

LIEGE, Belgium, Oct. 22 (Xinhua) -- German veteran Timo Boll came back from 3-1 down to eliminate world and Olympic champion Ma Long of China through a seven-game thriller in ITTF Men's World Cup semifinals here on Sunday, booking an all-German final with No. 2 seed Dimitrij Ovtcharov.

The 36-year-old Boll, winner in Liege in 2005, repeated his success of 4-3 against another Chinese paddler Lin Gaoyuan on Saturday evening.

"Every victory against a Chinese player brings me confidence. My level has been going higher and higher step by step ," said Boll following his second straight huge comeback against Chinese paddlers.

Top seed Ma built a comfortable 3-1 lead after four games, only to see another shocking comeback from his German opponent.

"I had a very bad start again. It's hard to get used to the Chinese style. I was searching to try to find the rhythm, and I was really disappointed at the beginning," admitted Boll.

"I felt that I had good weapons today against a great player. Then I tried to fight. Maybe it's not his best day, but you have to play against him to this point," he added.

Boll tied the score with 11-7, 11-5 in the following two games , before snatching two match points in the decider. Ma took two points in a row to force into a 10-all, but missed the next two to concede the match.

Boll will next face Ovtcharov later on Sunday, an encore of the ITTF China Open final late in June.

The Chinese paddlers were set to miss the top finish at the World Cup for the first time since 2009 after Vladimir Samsonov of Belarus.

In the other semifinal, Ovtcharov held off France's Simon Gauzy in full games.

The marketplace for computer security solutions these days is massive and to get a large part driven by peoples fear not just of computer viruse.
1 post Page 1 of 1

Login