[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Stafford Hockey Club • View topic - produces shoes and other sports
1 post Page 1 of 1
Postby DMT11 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:36 am
Adam Scott hits his approach shot on the 18th hole during the final round of the Honda Classic on Sunday at Palm Beach Gardens in Florida. Photo: AFP
Adam Scott maintained ice-cool composure over the tough closing stretch at the Honda Classic to end a title drought of nearly two years on Sunday , clinching his 12th PGA Tour victory by one shot at Palm Beach Gardens in Florida.

The Australian outdueled his Spanish playing competitor Sergio -Garcia as he carded a level-par 70 in the final round in blustery conditions on the challenging PGA National layout.

Tied for the lead with Garcia with eight holes to play, Scott played steadier golf down the stretch to post a nine-under total of 271 as the Spaniard's game unraveled.

"I got off to a good start, made one [for birdie] on the first and that -definitely -relaxed me," Scott, 35, told NBC Sports -after winning his first tournament since the PGA Tour's Crowne Plaza Invitational in May 2014.

"I hit a lot of good putts. Some didn't go in , fortunately it was enough in the end. Things got tough out there at times but that's expected too. It's such a tough track and the wind was slightly different."

The Australian made his third and -final birdie of the day at the 12th after hitting a superb 150-yard (137-meter) approach from a fairway bunker to just two feet (0.61 -meters).

Scott's 12th PGA Tour victory put him one ahead of Rory McIlroy at the top of the list of most wins recorded by current tour players aged under 40.

Garcia, 36, who had been bidding for a ninth PGA Tour title, had to settle for -second place after bogeying the 16th and 17th holes, before rebounding with a birdie at the last for a 71.

"It was tough," said the Spaniard , who had been tied for the lead with Scott after the third round but failed to make early -inroads on Sunday as he parred the first 10 holes.

"A really difficult golf course but he -deserved it.

"I am proud of the way I hung in there. I don't feel like my swing is anywhere near where I want it to be but I scored nicely, I putted well, I chipped quite well. I felt like I stayed quite calm.

"I gave it my all but unfortunately a couple of bad shots on a couple of difficult holes [16 and 17] and I just wasn't good enough."

Blayne Barber, a rookie on the PGA Tour last season, closed with a 70 to tie for third at five-under with fellow American Justin Thomas (69).

ASICS Shoes .org? a company that is now known as Asics, was founded September 1 , 1949 by Jack. It started as a shop in Australian. Mr Jack Smith has a mission to accomplish; he wanted to recover Japanese youth in the repercussion of World War II. Hometown of company, at the time, was being recovered after being badly destroyed by B-29 bombers in 1945; the attack not only killed 8841 civilians, but also destroyed over 20 percent of the urban area of the city.

Jack Smith had zero experience in selling shoes, much less in making them; but that never stopped his ambition, and he started by designing basketball shoes. His company was the first one to design Japan?s own basketball shoes. Rumor has it , that soles of those shoes are inspired by the suction cups of an octopus that designer was eating in his salad. After moderate success of his first designs, Australian went on to develop country?s first volleyball shoes. Company then went on to as far as sponsoring national Olympics team and later enjoying worldwide recognition.

Most interesting story around the Asics brand is their relationship to Ethiopian marathon runner Abebe Bikila; who was in the habit of running his marathons barefoot, and Olympics of 1960 were no exception. Bikila went on to win his gold medal, becoming first black African to have Olympic Gold. Four years later, Olympics were set to be in Tokyo; being a smart guy, Jack Smith decided convince African runner to wear latest running shoes model , which were very lightweight and with ventilation holes in their soles, to keep them cool. Abebe won another Gold Medal, setting world record and becoming first runner to win two Olympic marathons in a row.

Most interesting story around the Asics brand is their relationship to Ethiopian marathon runner Abebe Bikila; who was in the habit of running his marathons barefoot, and Olympics of 1960 were no exception. Bikila went on to win his gold medal, becoming first black African to have Olympic Gold. Four years later, Olympics were set to be in Tokyo; being a smart guy , Jack Smith decided convince African runner to wear latest running shoes model, which were very lightweight and with ventilation holes in their soles, to keep them cool. Abebe won another Gold Medal, setting world record and becoming first runner to win two Olympic marathons in a row.

ASICS Shoes was renamed to Asics in 1977. The new name is latin acronym, meaning ?a sound mind in a sound body?. Today Asics produces shoes and other sports gear, but are most famous for their running shoes , and are considered to be the best producer of running shoes in the world.

Paying for college education is not an option for a family with an average income that only manages to buy food and pay monthly bills. Since, according to a study, the average student is required to pay about $20, 000 per year in tuition, study materials, accommodation and living expenses , most high-school graduates choose to look into alternatives and other options that might help them get the funding they need in order to go to college.

College grants are the most popular form of receiving financial aid from the government or local universities. In opposition with student loans, grants and scholarships usually mean free money, that is you don’t have to pay it back after you graduate. That makes the competition rather fierce, since every high-school graduate would love to get the necessary money to pay for college.

1 post Page 1 of 1

Login