2 posts Page 1 of 1
Postby wangshi0816 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:24 am
LAKELAND, Fla. Chris Webber Jersey . - New Detroit Tigers second baseman Ian Kinsler doesnt mind admitting he had gotten comfortable in Texas. Until his traded to the Tigers in the off-season for slugger Prince Fielder, Kinsler had spent his entire professional career in the Texas Rangers organization. He said he had an inkling after last season that he was on the trade block. He also said he was excited about a change. With the rumours swirling, Kinsler ended up with the Tigers who needed fielding and speed. The Tigers finished last in the American League in 2013 with only 35 stolen bases, 114 behind the Rangers. New Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said he wants to run more this year. Speedy Austin Jackson led the Tigers with eight steals as the Tigers relied on their sluggers, including Fielder, to knock in runs. With the trade of Fielder, the Tigers received Kinsler, who stole 15 bases for the Rangers last year, but has stolen more than 20 bases three times. In addition to Kinsler, the Tigers added Rajai Davis from the Toronto Blue Jays. Davis stole 45 bases for the Blue Jays in 2013. Kinsler was one of several high-profile additions for the Tigers during the off-season. He isnt expected to hit with Fielders power, but his line-drive hitting might be better suited for Comerica Park, which is a haven for line drive hitters, not sluggers. Kinsler lost nearly 20 pounds in the off-season once he was informed of the trade. "I like Comerica Park and wanted to lose weight," Kinsler said after reporting to Tigers camp on Sunday. "I wanted to get faster and get back to hitting line drives. If you hit it in the gap out there, you should get at least three (bases) out of it. I have more chances to run and set up the heart of the order. I never had to lose weight in Texas. As hot as it was, it was easy over there. I had to try to add weight over there. Now I have to lose it. Im ready to go right now." Ausmus said that the additions of Kinsler and Davis change the dynamics of the lineup. Former manager Jim Leyland wasnt big on stealing bases and his recent teams tended to be cautious on the bases. Ausmus said things might be different this season, his first as a major league manager. "Kinsler and Davis bring us the opportunity to get some more stolen bases," Ausmus said. "With Jackson and Torii Hunter to go with them, we have some speed this year. It is a different team with a different personality." Tigers president and general manager Dave Dombrowski said the discussions on the Fielder-for-Kinsler trade went quickly and set the new running philosophy into motion. "We wanted more speed, but if you look at last years team, we had very few places where we could just add speed to the order," Dombrowski said. We had to find a way and the Prince trade set everything into motion. Well be faster this year." Kinsler batted .277 with 13 homers and 72 RBI for the Rangers last season, but said he was prepared for a trade. "I wanted to go to a contender," said Kinsler, who lost two World Series with the Rangers. "It is a place I feel very strongly has a chance to win a World Series. It will be a new experience and I am excited to get out of my comfort zone. I love the park, it suits me, and I can run. We have star power on this team and I worked hard to lose those pounds because I expect to do a lot of running this year." NOTES: Once again, C Victor Martinez is working as a catcher during the daily bullpen sessions. Ausmus said Martinez will see duty behind the plate this season, especially during early interleague play. Ausmus said Martinez will be limited. "Theres no way hell catch 100 games this year," Ausmus said. "Hell work, but not as much as the other catchers.". Ausmus has started a new clubhouse ritual just before opening morning practice. The players and coaches get together and talk about not only baseball, but whatever is on their minds. Some of it, Ausmus said, is just good-natured kidding around. "It gives us a chance to laugh and laugh at each other," he said. "Its all in fun and to loosen things up."... The Tigers will host their first full-squad meeting no Tuesday even though most key position players have already reported. Skal Labissiere Jersey .6 seconds left to give the Toronto Raptors a 92-89 victory over the Boston Celtics in an exhibition game Wednesday night. Oscar Robertson Jersey .Bekker was added Wednesday in exchange for allocation money after two seasons with Toronto. The native of Canada had 29 MLS appearances, including 16 starts. Hes also played in 13 games for the Canadian national team. http://www.nbakingsonline.com/Customized/ .ca. Hi Kerry, Love reading your column and loved watching your analysis on the TSN broadcasts!And were now in Round 2! Bruins! Canadiens! We know all about the great games of the past from the players, the broadcasters and the writers.SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Spurs seemingly had overcome certain defeat with a dominant run. The sold-out crowd at the AT&T Center was producing deafening cheers, believing the defending NBA champions would rallied as they had done so often last season.The reserved tone of Anthony Davis, New Orleans quiet superstar, rose amid the chaos, essentially saying, We got this.He had it.Davis scored the game-winning basket — a driving layup with 6.6 seconds left — and the New Orleans Pelicans held on for a 100-99 victory over the San Antonio Spurs on Saturday night. Davis finished with 27 points and 11 rebounds.San Antonio went on a 15-4 run with Tony Parker and Tim Duncan on the bench to take a 99-98 lead. Danny Green capped the run with three free throws with 12 seconds remaining after he was fouled by Eric Gordon on a wild 3-point attempt as the shot clock was about to expire.It was the Spurs first lead since 8 minutes remained in the first quarter.When Danny Green made those three free throws, I told coach, were going to win the game, Davis said. Were going to get a bucket and were going to win this game.Davis drove past Aron Baynes for a layup with 6.6 seconds left to seal the win. Kawhi Leonard missed a pair of shots in the final seconds, snapping the Spurs five-game winning streak over the Pelicans.The play was supposed to go to Jrue (Holiday) for the back door, but me being me, when I caught the ball, I was in attack mode, Davis said. I just tried to make a good play. Jrue knew because he stopped and didnt go. I just tried to be aggressive.It was the mindset New Orleans had all night in flustering the veteran Spurs.We dont back down from any team, Pelicans guard Tyreke Evans said. We came out and executed, played really hard the whole game.Evans had 18 points, including buzzer-beating shots in the second and third quarters, and Jrue Holiday had 15 points and 11 assists.Parker scored 28 points, Manu Ginobili added 17 points, Green had 16 and Duncan had 11 points and 10 rebounds.It was a narrow escape for what early on seemed a dominant victory by New Orleans (3-2) over San Antonio (2-3).I think its more mental than anything, Green said. But I cant speak for everybody. When I talk to some of the older guys, some guys bodies are hurting a llittle bit. Mike Bibby Jersey. . We have some back-to-backs coming up, but weve done this before. Theyve been here before. I feel like were in decent shape; still getting there. Were not in the greatest shape. Were just not in our normal team rhythm, our chemistry.Even when the Spurs did well defensively, blocking a layup by Holiday or forcing a miss by Evans on a fastbreak, the Pelicans hustled to gather the shots in midair and score.Holiday came out of nowhere to block Leonard on what looked like an uncontested layup off a bullet pass from Ginobili. Evans hustled over to help defensively and catch Parker coming out of a spin to the basket, forcing the Spurs point guard to throw the ball out wildly into Davis arms for the teams 17th turnover.San Antonio had 19 turnovers and struggled to match New Orleans intensity.Im one of players, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. So I think were out there playing hard. I understand a year after winning the championship youre going to get everyones best shot. I believe were out there playing hard and I believe things just havent gone out way.TIP-INSThe Spurs: Duncan had his 800th career double-double, the most among active players, placing him 14 behind Karl Malone for fifth. . San Antonio wore camouflage short-sleeve jerseys in honour of its Military Appreciation Night.The Pelicans: Davis has led or shared the lead in both scoring and rebounding in every game except for the teams Nov. 3 loss at Memphis. . Davis entered leading the league in rebounding at 13.3 per game and Asik was sixth at 11.3. . Evans (right hamstring), Asik (sprained right ankle) and Holiday (right tibia stress fracture) were all listed as probable but each played 26-plus minutes.COMPARITIVELY SPEAKINGDuncan and Davis, both former No. 1 overall selections, have posted similar numbers in their first two seasons in the NBA. Duncan averaged 21.3 points on 53 per cent shooting along with 11.7 rebounds, 2.5 blocks in 39 minutes after being the top selection in 1997 by the Spurs. Davis averaged 17.3 points on 52 per cent shooting along with 9.1 rebounds and 2.3 blocks in 32 minutes after being drafted No. 1 by the Pelicans in 2012.UP NEXTNew Orleans: At Cleveland on Monday nightSan Antonio: At Los Angeles Clippers on Monday night Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Postby linmangmu » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:36 am
adidas stan smith men
nike roshe run
ferragamo sale
true religion outlet
adidas ultra boost 3.0
links of london
kobe 11
curry shoes
michael kors handbags
nike mercurial
hermes handbags